It’s been a while…
I thought I’d start off by telling you a bit about what I’ve been up to while not blogging:
– Slept…Pregnancy has a way of making you want/need more sleep. Who knew it took so much energy to create a new human being? ;)
– Cooked meals…I’ve felt more of a need to eat fruit and veggies and meals where I know what goes in them rather than eating whatever is convenient.
– Watched TV…Normally I don’t tend to watch a lot of TV, but Ben and I have been watching Breaking Bad on Netflix and it’s been really enjoyable! With being more tired, it’s been a nice way to wind down at the end of the day.
– Read whole books…So often, I find myself reading blog posts here and there, skimming through magazine articles and picking up the odd book only to never finish it. But in the last months, I’ve been reading up on how to care for a baby, giving birth and raising children…I’m the kind of person who likes to read a lot of information on a topic when I’m dealing with a big life event and it’s been nice to finish book after book and actually give them my full attention.
– Cleaned…This nesting thing they talk about is real. I have to say that our house is still not spic and span but it’s better than it normally is. :)
– Worked out…I have been doing a pregnancy work-out DVD my sister sent me. I don’t normally really do any structured working out, but I’ve found it to make a big difference while being pregnant. It’s nice to feel the strength of my body and work and stretch the muscles when I often feel tired and achy.
Doing my pregnancy workout.
And here’s where things are at right now:
Baby size? Likely about 19 inches long.
How far along? 37 weeks. This means that baby is full term! My due date isn’t until December 5, but the thought that it could happen any moment is pretty exciting.
Sleep? Pretty good some nights, not so good on others. I find it helps a lot to be wedged in between two down pillows so that no matter what way I turn, I have a pillow to put between my legs and under my belly, and it’s nice to have one in my back too.
Maternity clothes? I got a bag of maternity clothes from a friend who recently gave birth to her adorable little boy and it’s been a great blessing. It’s really nice to have a few things that are specifically maternity wear. Other than that, I am loving sweater dresses with leggings and boots!
Food cravings? I don’t really have any, other than that I eat a lot of fruit and veggies! I always like fruit and veggies, but I find that I am eating more of them naturally without feeling like I “should” eat them and eat more of a variety. And it’s funny how they just taste so good to me right now, especially oranges!
Food aversions? Just a slight aversion to meat, especially chicken.
Symptoms? Back aches, hip aches, pelvis aches…just generally achy and tired. :) But I’m also feeling good a lot of the time so it’s not all bad. I’ve been to a chiropractor a few times and that has helped, and going on maternity leave has helped too.
Doctor’s appointment? We really love our midwives and now that I’m at 37 weeks, we get to see them every week. Since we are preparing for a home birth, they visited our house to check it out and they liked the space a lot.
Movement? Baby is really active and at this point some of the kicks are a bit uncomfortable, but I don’t mind that. :) It’s so much fun to feel the movements of this little person we get to meet soon.
Belly button? It’s gotten completely flat, but has not popped out!
Gender? Truthfully, I feel like it’s a girl….but we don’t know, so who knows! Can’t wait to find out!
Best moment of the week? Every time we get to hear our baby’s heartbeat is a highlight, which is now once a week!
What I’m looking forward to? Meeting our little baby!