I love cute stuff, small businesses and social responsibility and when all three are combined into one, well, these kind of businesses have a special place in my heart. I came across Noonday Collection via Caiti’s blog Life is a Canvas and I fell in love with their shop immediately. So, this week’s pick are all from Noonday Collection, I think you’ll like them as much as I do – such lovely things and such a great business. Enjoy. :)
1. Cozy arm warmers, knitted by women in Peru who can integrate this into their lives and earn supplemental income.
2. Clutch made out of cotton and recycled cassette tapes in India by artisans who are learning to become self-sufficient and self-employed.
3. Juice cups hand-painted by artisans in Kashmir who receive a decent wage and safe working conditions.
4. Beautiful rainy day tea towel printed on 100% organic and fair trade cotton.
5. Gorgeous scarf knitted by women in Peru.
1. I love this post at The Inspired Room on creating destinations in your home. I have a few nooks in my house that could be turned into destinations instead of sitting empty and unloved as they are now!
2. It’s been so cold in my home country that people have been ice skating on Amsterdam canals.
3. If you need a reminder that your words and actions can impact others powerfully even when you’re not aware of it, listen to Drew Dudley talk about everyday leadership.
4. Fun and original latte art. (Via A Cup of Jo.)
5. I’ve heard good things about this, so I’m intrigued by the Bar Method, a workout that integrates principles from several exercise methods including stretches used by dancers. I wonder if you can do this without having access to an actual bar (the kind that you hold on to in ballet class, not the kind that you go to for a beer!)? Must do more research!