5 Lovely Things & 5 Lovely Links
1. I’m very intrigued by Inkodye, a light-sensitive dye. This image is from A Beautiful Mess and shows a fabric that Elsie Larson created with the dye – so pretty!
2. Came across these Arrow Earrings on Etsy – love them!
3. I already loved these Homegrown Monogram Mugs from Anthropologie. However, after listening to a talk by Anthropologie’s General Merchandise Manager of Home Aaron Hoey at the Interior Design Show, I appreciate them even more. He talked about meeting the woman who created this beautiful, colorful pottery through a friend in Australia. He ended up buying everything in her garage, where she was working out of. Somehow, it makes it more special to know that someone created these designs because she loved what she was doing rather trying to design something that might sell well, don’t you think?
4. How cute are these Pom Pom Mittens at Kate Spade? Even better, they are made by women in Bosnia and Herzegovina and help provide opportunities for women to move toward economic self-sufficiency.
5. I got this NARS All Night Long lip gloss for Christmas and I love the color and feel of it.
1. I’d wanted to try making kale chips for a while and this post by Kylee Noelle convinced me to finally give it a try. Such an easy, healthy & yummy snack – Ben called them addictive and has already requested I make them again.
2. Heartfelt spoken word performance “Why I Hate Religion, but love Jesus”, something I definitely relate to.
3. I enjoyed watching Kate Northrup’s talk with Parenting Expert Carrie Contey about conscious parenting. I want to watch it again when the time comes that we have kids.
4. Really enjoyed this article by Martha Beck for O Magazine about the difference between excitement and happiness called How to Find the Kind of Joy That Lasts (via Makeunder My Life) – one way to access that joy is making something.
5. I bookmarked this post by Lauren Liess about Tips for Getting Productive & Reducing the Drudgery. She writes about her interior design business but her tips are useful for anyone running a home-based business.
I hope you had a fun weekend! I enjoyed the Interior Design Show in Toronto and especially the talk by Aaron Hoey made the 5 hours of traveling (2 1/2 hours each way) worth it! I’ll share some photos tomorrow!